Let me introduce myself to you!!

My photo
St. Kitts & Nevis
I'm a physician doctor with an MD degree. My passion for teaching has always been appreciated by students with whom I have shared my knowledge. I'm a passionate teacher of medical biochemistry and would like to share my knowledge about this beautiful subject with all those who is interested to learn to understand the cellular metabolic events and to understand the metabolic disease process. I would like to learn new things by keeping myself updated with current research in the field. Let us share the knowledge each other!!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Answer to a Question on Uncoupler of Electron Transport Chain












In this video I have explained a question on uncouplers of electron transport chain. Chemical uncouplers are 2,4-Dinitrophenol, dinitrocresol, pentachlorophenaol. Physiological uncouplers are thermogenin, uncoupling proteins UCP1, UCP2, UCP3, UCP4, UCP5. All are present in various tissues like brown adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, brain, neurons, other tissues. Uncouplers increase BMR, body temperature, metabolic rate, increased rate of electron transport, increased O2 consumption, increased respiratory rate.

You Can Subscribe to my Channel for REGULAR UPDATES by clicking on SUBSCRIBE button above or by following the link below

www.youtube.com/PMUNGLI

You can follow me on my BLOG by clicking the link below

http://drmungli.blogspot.com/

You can follow my Facebook page Biochemistry Made Easy by Dr Prakash Mungli, MD by clicking the link below. Here I post USMLE step-1 style MCQs and you can participate in discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/drmungli/


Key words:
electron transport chain
uncouplers
2,4-dinitrophenol
thermogenin
T3 and T4
pentachlorophenol
temperature
basal metabolic rate
ATP synthesis
ATP synthase
redox potential
NADH
FADH2
complex I
complex II
cytochrome oxidase
ubiquionone
brown adipose tissue
BAT
UCP
O consumption
NAD
FAD
USMLE
step-1
Kaplan
biochemistry
Review video
Mungli
  • Category


No comments: