Let me introduce myself to you!!

My photo
St. Kitts & Nevis
I'm a physician doctor with an MD degree. My passion for teaching has always been appreciated by students with whom I have shared my knowledge. I'm a passionate teacher of medical biochemistry and would like to share my knowledge about this beautiful subject with all those who is interested to learn to understand the cellular metabolic events and to understand the metabolic disease process. I would like to learn new things by keeping myself updated with current research in the field. Let us share the knowledge each other!!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pentose Phosphate Pathway - A Quick Review

In this video Im brief in explaining pentose phosphate pathway which is also referred as hexose monophosphate shunt. both oxidative and non oxidative phases are explained in brief. importance of both the phases are explained. Different cell scenarios are considered to explain the pathway.

Many thanks to my student Luis Andres Acosta for recording this video for me.

You Can Subscribe to my Channel for REGULAR UPDATES by clicking on SUBSCRIBE button above or by following the link below

www.youtube.com/PMUNGLI

You can follow me on my BLOG by clicking the link below

http://drmungli.blogspot.com/

You can follow my Facebook page Biochemistry Made Easy by Dr Prakash Mungli, MD by clicking the link below. Here I post USMLE step-1 style MCQs and you can participate in discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/drmungli/

Key words:
Glucose 6-phosphate
G6PD deficiency
species
ribose 5 phosphate
NADPH
GSH
glutathione
USMLE
step-1
Kaplan
biochemistry
Review video
Mungli
pentose
phosphate pathway
ribose 5 phosphate
nucleotide
detoxification
oxidative phase
transketolase
transaldolase
purine
pyrimidine
PRPP

No comments: