Let me introduce myself to you!!

My photo
St. Kitts & Nevis
I'm a physician doctor with an MD degree. My passion for teaching has always been appreciated by students with whom I have shared my knowledge. I'm a passionate teacher of medical biochemistry and would like to share my knowledge about this beautiful subject with all those who is interested to learn to understand the cellular metabolic events and to understand the metabolic disease process. I would like to learn new things by keeping myself updated with current research in the field. Let us share the knowledge each other!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Essential Fructosuria and Hereditary Fructose Intolerance






In this video I have explained about two disorders related with fructose metabolism that is essential fructosuria and hereditary fructose intolerance. Essential fructosuria is due to fructokinase deficiency and hereditary fructose intolerance is due to aldolase B deficiency. Patients with hereditary fructose intolerance will have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, intolerance to fructose, jaundice, liver damage, kidney damage, convulsion, seizures, coma. Essential fructosuria is asymptomatic condition with only elevated levels of fructose in blood and urine. 

No comments: